Monday, May 30, 2011

Size 16 and a new found motivation...

Oh, size 16, I haven't seen you since college... so nice to get reacquainted with you! I just got back from Old Navy, because I knew I didn't have any summer shorts or capris. So, Will kept Madie and I had a nice morning of shopping! I went to the rack and pulled of the 18's and 16's in each thing I liked, and was honestly having "wishful thinking" with the size 16's, but at I put them on THEY FIT! I mean, they really truly FIT. They are comfy, not tight, and awesome! It really made me feel good.

It's weird, because I know my body is different and I know I'm smaller, but I guess I still have the "fat girl" mentality, where I can't believe that I actually have gotten two sizes smaller. If I could get to a size 14, I would be.in.heaven. and with 20lbs more to go I may just get there....

Also, yesterday I was at the gym on the treadmill running my C25K app, and I found some new motivation. Recently, my dad as diagnosed with prostate cancer, and I began to think about him. I was huffing and puffing and about to give up and then I thought to myself, "No. If he can fight this cancer, than I can fight for one more minute through the rest of this run." I found something new to fight for. It was awesome, and it has motivated me to keep going with my weight loss and my training. He is a fighter, so I will be too!

2 comments:

  1. *chills* You are one amazing Mama and THANK YOU for inspiring me. I love your fighting mentality. You're doing amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your dad. Will say a prayer for him.

    You're doing a great job!! I LOVE when you don't think you can wear a size smaller and then find out you can!

    ReplyDelete