Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Analyzing

I've had about 3 days off from the gym because of the holiday weekend and lots of things to do. The break was well worth it and much needed! Today, though, it is back to my regular routine.

During this time off I've been analyzing a lot of things about this journey and here are some of my thoughts:
1.)  There have been a few times where I've taken a 3 day break from the gym to do other things. Typically, I would use that time to stuff my face, gain about 5lbs. back, get upset, then stop the weight loss journey. But now, I  know how to handle the "time off" and I seem to enjoy it more. It also makes me realize that I CAN incorporate the gym/exercise into my everyday life...for the rest of my life. It truly is all about a lifestyle change, and per some conversations and deep thinking, I'm finally starting to understand that. 

2.)  I believe my weight loss journey has been two phases. The first phase was physically dropping the pounds, but now I feel like I've entered another phase...mentally changing my understanding and attitude towards myself and weight loss. Honestly, the latter is the most difficult. Years and years of "untangling" my thoughts and letting go of negative thoughts is a challenging process, but I'm beginning to work through it. That will honestly be a huge accomplishment!

3.)  It has certainly helped me work through my thoughts about a recent loss and provided me with a more positive outlook. I think if I didn't have this journey I could have slipped into a depression over the loss. So I thank God for that!

4.) This blog has absolutely helped me in working through my thoughts--so THANK YOU Bobbi Sharp for suggesting I start one! P.S--Check out her journey!! She's almost to 30lbs. lost!! Go cheer her on! 

2 comments:

  1. *crying like a baby* I love you babe and I'm glad we could walk through this journey hand in hand. You've been an intrigual part in my success as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There. That's what I wanted to read.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete