Monday, August 1, 2011

A first...ever!

I just got back from the gym and while there I decided to change up my cardio routine. I thought it would be a good idea to kick start my journey to losing this last bit of weight. So, I did the elliptical for 30 minutes (typical) then I decided to do the treadmill. I had done Couch to 5K a little while ago, but then quit because it was hard to do with my boobs (hurt when I ran because of improper sports bra for my size) and the wrong shoes. Since it's been a while since I was on the treadmill, I was curious to see how my endurance was since I've lost weight and been working out. I got the greatest sports bra ever yesterday at a Champions Outlet down here, so I figured it may help me run.

I proceeded to walk on the treadmill for 5mins at a 2.0 incline then I told myself I was going to see if I could run for 5 minutes (I seriously doubted myself). So, I put the incline to 0.5 and began to run...at 2 minutes I thought to myself, "Dang, when I first started I barely could run the 90 seconds it wanted me too and now I'm not even breathing hard!"..so that was cool... then at 5 minutes I realized that is longest I had EVER (I mean EVER) run without walking. At that point, I challenged myself to get to 10 minutes running and I DID IT! I could not believe it! It was such a cool accomplishment for me because that is the longest amount of time I have ever run! It made me very proud of myself and then it really made me realize how far I've come. It also made me recognize that I am getting *in shape*. Not just losing weight, but I am getting HEALTHY! That was the purpose of my journey, so that tugged at my heartstrings a little :) On cloud nine tonight :)

2 comments:

  1. Healthy is so much better than thin, and you're becoming both! Great job! 10 minutes is amazing! YOU are amazing, fit mama! :)

    ReplyDelete