Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sick Day

Since my weigh in on Wednesday I've been doing so-so. Weds. and Thurs. I didn't go to the gym...and honestly, I was just in a funk. I don't know where it came from. I ate more than I should've too. I was eating crappy things like chicken nuggets and nachos, ugh.

It got me to thinking a few things:
 1. I still have issues with emotional eating. That is going to be super hard to work on. I really need to find a replacement activity for that. The gym will not always be an option, so what can I do at home *instead* of eating?

2. Why do they call my binge food "comfort food" because I always feel crappy after I eat it, so it's not very comforting. But why do I crave those foods too? Why *are* they comforting?

On Friday, I snapped myself out of it and really had a hard workout yesterday. Today I was super motivated to go workout again, but baby girl is really sick with allergies and Will is in Georgia doing some testing for a US Customs job, so the gym is a no-go today. I'm just trying to watch my calories today and get back on the wagon tomorrow. My family comes to town around 11am and we are going to hang out for the day, so I hope Madie feels better. I hate it when she is sick, but it is kinda nice to just lay around with her and cuddle. :) Tomorrow, I hope I have time to squeeze in a workout before the gym close at 7pm. If not, I may dust off my Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred ;) We will see.


I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have a suggestion for things you can do at home instead of eating. I seen it on another blog awhile ago. It's a "binge jar" or "binge basket" and you write on little pieces of paper different things to do. For example, paint toe nails, organize closet....you get the idea. When you feel like binging you pick one of the folded pieces of paper and complete it. It takes your mind off the binge and lets you do something at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a REALLY good idea! I love it! Thank you Bonnie! :)

    ReplyDelete