Friday, August 19, 2011

A week of change...

I'm finally figuring out what exercise schedule works best for my body and for my mental state lol ;) I weigh in on Wednesdays, so the past couple of weeks I've been "taking off" Wednesday and Thursday from the gym. That has seemed to be working well for me, because sometimes one day off doesn't make me excited to get back in the gym, but two does. It gives me enough separation from the gym to relax and recoup mentally for the week ahead.

So, it's back to the gym today and I decided that I'm going to switch things up this week. One, because it's good for your body and two, because I think some of the machines are starting to "bore" me a little now that I'm getting closer to my ultimate goal. Because of these things, I'm going to do a week of just classes, no machines. II'll squeeze in my regular ab workout, but thats it. I think this will give me a chance to try some things I never have before. I've always wanted to try Pilates, but never did because it "didn't fit with my cardio training", so this week I have no excuses :) I'm really excited about this week and I actually think it will be a challenge for me *not* to hop on a cardio machine. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Tonight will be Body (kickmyfreakin'ass) Combat. The girl who teaches this is a freakin' B.E.A.S.T, so prayers would be great ;)
I *love* this saying too! 
Also, no scale for me this week. I'm usually a scale junkie and weigh everyday, but I will not weigh myself until Wednesday this week. I think if I weigh and don't see changes that I'm going to tell myself that they classes "aren't good enough" and will hop on a machine. I *really* need to start weaning myself from the scale and focus more on how I'm feeling in my skin rather than what the scales tells me I should feel ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment